Welcome to the charming town of Alcudia, located on the northeastern coast of the beautiful island of Majorca. With its pristine beaches, historical sites, and vibrant atmosphere, the beach resort and its town offers a delightful blend of relaxation and exploration. In this guide, we will take you on a journey through the highlights of Alcudia and Puerto Alcudia, giving you a glimpse of what to expect and why this enchanting town should be on your travel bucket list.
What to Expect?
Alcudia is a famous town located on the north east corner of the island of Majorca, and the Puerto Alcudia is the port, beach, tourist and accommodation area of the resort that is located about 1,8 km. from the old town of Alcudia. Puerto Alcudia is also one of the most popular holiday resorts in Majorca.
This beautiful holiday destination great holiday attractions with its variety of quality restaurants, leisure activities, theme parks, night spots, shops, cultural activities and nice beaches for the holidaymakers. With its stunning beaches, rich history, and vibrant atmosphere, Alcudia is a perfect destination for a memorable holiday.
When you visit the resort, get ready to immerse yourself in a world of natural beauty, cultural heritage, and endless leisure opportunities. Here’s what you can expect during your stay:
A Historical Gem
Alcudia is renowned for its well-preserved ancient town, surrounded by medieval walls dating back to the 14th century. As you wander through the narrow cobbled streets, you’ll feel as though you’ve stepped back in time. Explore the ancient Roman ruins, visit the archaeological site of Pollentia, and soak up the atmosphere of this historical gem.
Alcudia is blessed with some of the most beautiful beaches on the island. The golden sands and crystal-clear waters of Playa de Alcudia and Playa de Muro are perfect for sunbathing, swimming, and water sports. Whether you’re seeking relaxation or adventure, the beaches of the resort won’t disappoint.
No Regrets Booking Advice
In Alcudia, you’ll find a lively and vibrant atmosphere that caters to all tastes. From charming cafes and restaurants serving delicious local cuisine to trendy bars and nightclubs, there’s something for everyone. The town comes alive in the evenings, offering a blend of traditional and modern entertainment options.
Alcudia is surrounded by breathtaking natural landscapes waiting to be explored. From the majestic S’Albufera Natural Park, a paradise for birdwatching enthusiasts, to the stunning Cap de Formentor with its dramatic cliffs and panoramic views, nature lovers will find themselves in awe of the beauty that surrounds the resort.
Why Holiday in Puerto Alcudia?
Puerto Alcudia, the coastal area of Alcudia, offers a unique holiday experience. Here’s why it should be at the top of your travel itinerary:
The beaches of Puerto Alcudia are a paradise for beach lovers. Stretching for miles, these golden sandy shores are lapped by clear turquoise waters. Whether you prefer lounging on a sunbed, taking a refreshing dip, or engaging in thrilling water sports, Puerto Alcudia has it all.
If you’re traveling with your family, Puerto Alcudia is an ideal choice. The beaches have shallow waters, making them safe for children to swim and play. The town offers a range of family-friendly activities, including mini-golf, go-karting, and a water park, ensuring that little ones are entertained throughout their stay.
Puerto Alcudia boasts a diverse culinary scene that caters to all palates. From traditional Mallorcan dishes to international cuisine, the town is a haven for food enthusiasts. Sample fresh seafood, savor traditional tapas, or indulge in gourmet dining experiences. The resort has something to satisfy every craving.
Shopping and Entertainment
Puerto Alcudia offers a delightful shopping experience with a variety of boutique stores, souvenir shops, and local markets. Explore the vibrant street markets, where you can find handmade crafts, local produce, and unique souvenirs. The town also has a range of entertainment options, including live music venues, theaters, and cultural events throughout the year. Whether you’re looking for a leisurely shopping spree or an evening of entertainment, the resort has plenty to offer.
Top Things to Do & See
To make the most of your time in Alcudia and Puerto Alcudia, here are some must-visit attractions and activities:
1. Explore the Ancient Old Town
Take a stroll through the historic streets of Alcudia’s old town and admire the well-preserved medieval walls. Visit the Roman ruins of Pollentia and explore the centuries-old architecture. Don’t miss the opportunity to climb the bell tower of Sant Jaume Church for panoramic views of the town and surrounding countryside.
2. Relax on Playa de Alcudia
Spend a day basking in the sun on Playa de Alcudia, one of Majorca’s most beautiful beaches. Enjoy the soft sands, take a dip in the clear waters, or indulge in water sports activities such as paddleboarding, jet skiing, or sailing. There are beachfront cafes and restaurants where you can grab a refreshing drink or a delicious meal.
3. Visit S’Albufera Natural Park
Nature lovers should not miss the opportunity to explore S’Albufera Natural Park, located just a short distance from the resort. Embark on a guided nature walk and discover the park’s diverse ecosystems, including wetlands, dunes, and forests. Keep an eye out for over 200 species of birds that call this park home.
4. Experience Water Sports and Boat Trips
Puerto Alcudia is a haven for water sports enthusiasts. Try your hand at windsurfing, kayaking, or parasailing for an adrenaline rush. You can also hop on a boat tour to explore the stunning coastline, visit nearby coves and caves, or even go dolphin spotting. The crystal-clear waters of the resort offer endless opportunities for aquatic adventures.
5. Discover the Beauty of Cap de Formentor
Take a scenic drive or join a guided tour to Cap de Formentor, a spectacular peninsula located on the northeastern tip of Majorca. Marvel at the rugged cliffs, enjoy breathtaking views of the sea, and visit the iconic lighthouse perched on the edge of the cliff. Don’t forget your camera to capture the awe-inspiring vistas.
6. Indulge in Local Cuisine
Sample the flavors of Majorca by exploring the culinary delights of Alcudia and Puerto Alcudia. Try authentic Mallorcan dishes such as sobrassada (a cured sausage), pa amb oli (bread with tomato and olive oil), and tumbet (a vegetable dish). Visit traditional tapas bars, seafood restaurants, and beachfront cafes to savor the local cuisine.
7. Enjoy Water Park Fun
For a fun-filled day with the family, head to Hidropark in Puerto Alcudia. This water park offers a wide range of water slides, pools, and attractions suitable for all ages. Cool off from the sun and enjoy thrilling water rides, splash around in the wave pool, or relax on the lazy river.
8. Explore the Local Markets
Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the local markets in Alcudia and Puerto Alcudia. Visit the weekly market in Alcudia’s old town where you can find fresh produce, local crafts, and souvenirs. In the resort, explore the street markets where you can browse unique items, handmade crafts, and clothing.
Top Selling Excursions & Tours from Alcudia
Here we only suggest the proven ways and top rated ones with travelers’ comments. You can feel free to book one of the below top selling tours.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
Alcudia and Puerto Alcudia offer a diverse culinary scene with numerous dining options to suit all tastes and budgets. Here are some recommendations:
- Restaurante Jardín: A fine dining restaurant in the resort known for its creative Mediterranean cuisine and beautiful garden setting.
- Bistro Mar: Located in Puerto Alcudia, this charming bistro offers a fusion of Mediterranean and international flavors with a focus on fresh seafood.
- Sa Fonda: A traditional Mallorcan restaurant in Alcudia’s old town, serving authentic dishes in a rustic atmosphere.
- La Terraza: Situated along the beachfront, this restaurant offers stunning views and a menu featuring Mediterranean classics and grilled specialties.
- El Patio: A family-friendly restaurant in the resort known for its delicious pizzas, pasta dishes, and friendly service.
Alcudia and Puerto Alcudia provide ample opportunities for shopping, whether you’re looking for souvenirs, local crafts, or designer labels. Here are some shopping spots to explore:
- Alcudia Market: Held every Tuesday and Sunday in Alcudia’s old town, this bustling market is the perfect place to find fresh produce, clothing, accessories, and souvenirs.
- Port d’Alcudia Market: Taking place every Friday in the resort, this market offers a mix of food products, clothing, jewelry, and other interesting finds.
- Avinguda de S’Albufera: This main street in the resort is lined with shops, boutiques, and souvenir stores where you can browse for clothing, beachwear, and local handicrafts.
- Centro Comercial Alcudiamar: A shopping center in the resort featuring a variety of stores, including fashion boutiques, jewelry shops, and gift stores.
While Alcudia and Puerto Alcudia are more known for their relaxed atmosphere, there are still options for those seeking a bit of nightlife. Here are some popular spots:
- Menta Disco: Menta Disco is a lively nightclub offering a mix of music genres and a vibrant atmosphere.
- Bar Sa Bodega: A popular bar in Alcudia’s old town, known for its lively atmosphere and live music performances.
- Pub 19: This British-style pub offers a relaxed ambiance, live sports screenings, and a selection of drinks.
- Mar de Nudos: A trendy beachfront cocktail bar in the resort, perfect for enjoying a refreshing drink while watching the sunset.
Alcudia and Puerto Alcudia offer a range of accommodation options to suit different preferences and budgets. Here are a few recommendations:
- Hotel Can Mostatxins: Located in Alcudia’s old town, this boutique hotel offers elegant rooms with a blend of modern and traditional elements.
- Zafiro Palace Alcudia: A luxurious resort in the resort featuring spacious rooms, multiple swimming pools, a spa, and various entertainment options.
- Eix Alcudia Hotel: Situated close to the beach in the resort, this modern hotel offers comfortable rooms, an outdoor pool, and easy access to local amenities.
- Grupotel Maritimo: A family-friendly hotel in the resort with a range of amenities, including a kids’ club, swimming pools, and evening entertainment.