Welcome to the picturesque western region of Majorca, where rugged coastlines, charming villages, and stunning natural beauty await your discovery. Embark on a day trip along Route #3 as we explore the hidden gems and scenic landscapes from Puigpunyent to Port d’Andratx and Esporles. This journey will take you on an unforgettable adventure, offering a mix of coastal splendor, mountainous vistas, and authentic Majorcan culture.
Here you can find our road trip guide and itinerary to explore the island along western Majorca, from Puigpunyent through Port d’Andratx and Esporles. You’ll find information on what to expect and see from this day trip.
Itinerary & Route Location
West of Majorca
Itinerary & Route Distance
about 90 km.
Itinerary & Route Destinations
- Puigpunyent – (MA-1032; 11,4 km.)
- Es Capdellà – (MA-1012; 5,4 km.)
- Paguera – (MA-1A, MA-1010, MA-1020; 7,4 km.)
- Port Andratx – (MA-1021, MA-1050; 8,6 km.)
- Sant Elm – (MA-1030; 7,7 km.)
- Andratx – (MA-1030; 17 km.)
- Estellencs – (MA-1030; 7,3 km.)
- Banyalbufar – (MA-1100; 10,7 km.)
Puigpunyent: Gateway to Natural Beauty
Our journey begins in the village of Puigpunyent, nestled at the foot of the Tramuntana Mountains. This charming village is surrounded by lush greenery and offers a peaceful ambiance. Take a stroll through the narrow streets, admire the traditional stone houses, and soak in the tranquil atmosphere before setting off on our exploration.
Highlights and Activities in Puigpunyent:
- Explore the beautiful gardens of La Granja, a historic estate that showcases traditional Majorcan architecture, lush gardens, and a glimpse into the island’s rural past.
- Enjoy a leisurely hike or bike ride through the picturesque countryside, immersing yourself in the natural beauty of the Tramuntana Mountains.
Galilea and es Capdellà: Charming Mountain Villages
Continuing our journey, we venture to the quaint mountain villages of Galilea and es Capdellà. These hidden gems offer breathtaking views and a glimpse into the local way of life.
No Regrets Booking Advice
Highlights and Activities in Galilea and es Capdellà:
- Marvel at the panoramic vistas from the viewpoints in Galilea, where you can capture stunning photographs of the surrounding mountains and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Explore the narrow streets of es Capdellà, admiring its traditional architecture and enjoying a leisurely coffee or a delicious meal at one of the local cafes.
Peguera and Camp de Mar: Coastal Bliss
As we make our way towards the coast, we arrive at the vibrant resort town of Peguera. With its sandy beaches, crystal-clear waters, and lively atmosphere, Peguera is a popular destination for sun-seekers and water enthusiasts.
Highlights and Activities in Peguera and Camp de Mar:
- Spend a relaxing day on the pristine beaches of Peguera, where you can soak up the sun, take a refreshing swim in the turquoise waters, or try your hand at various water sports.
- Visit the charming village of Camp de Mar, known for its picturesque bay and the iconic “Dragon Island,” a small islet just off the coast that adds a touch of magic to the scenery.
Port d’Andratx and Sant Elm: Coastal Charms
Continuing along the coastline, we reach the picturesque Port d’Andratx, a charming fishing village that has transformed into a trendy destination while maintaining its authentic allure. The port is lined with luxury yachts, boutiques, and waterfront cafes, offering a delightful atmosphere to indulge in some people-watching and relaxation.
Highlights and Activities in Port d’Andratx and Sant Elm:
- Explore the bustling marina of Port d’Andratx, where you can admire the stunning yachts, dine at waterfront restaurants, and browse the boutique shops.
- Take a boat excursion from Port d’Andratx to the idyllic island of Dragonera, a natural reserve with pristine beaches, hiking trails, and abundant wildlife.
- Visit the charming village of Sant Elm, located at the western tip of Majorca, and enjoy panoramic views of the Tramuntana Mountains and the Mediterranean Sea.
Andratx, Estellencs, Banyalbufar: Authentic Coastal Villages
Continuing our journey, we make our way to the village of Andratx, known for its traditional Majorcan architecture and relaxed atmosphere. Take a leisurely stroll through the narrow streets, browse the local shops, and soak in the laid-back ambiance.
Highlights and Activities in Andratx, Estellencs, and Banyalbufar:
- Explore the medieval Church of Santa Maria in Andratx, a beautiful example of Gothic architecture with its intricate details and historical significance.
- Venture inland to the charming village of Estellencs, nestled amidst the Tramuntana Mountains. Enjoy panoramic views of the coastline and discover the traditional stone houses that dot the landscape.
- Visit the enchanting village of Banyalbufar, famous for its terraced vineyards and breathtaking sea views. Take a walk through the village’s narrow streets and sample the local wine produced in this unique coastal setting.
Esporles: Nature and Cultural Delights
Our final stop on this captivating route is Esporles, a charming town surrounded by lush green valleys and rolling hills. Known for its natural beauty and cultural heritage, Esporles offers a perfect blend of outdoor exploration and authentic Majorcan experiences.
Highlights and Activities in Esporles:
- Discover the beauty of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Serra de Tramuntana, a mountain range that stretches across the northwest of Majorca. Embark on a hiking or biking adventure, and immerse yourself in the pristine nature and breathtaking landscapes.
- Visit La Granja, an exquisite manor house that has been transformed into a museum and cultural center. Learn about Majorcan traditions, witness traditional crafts being practiced, and explore the lush gardens surrounding the estate.
Embrace the Beauty of Western Majorca
As our journey through the western region of Majorca comes to an end, we hope you’ve been captivated by the diverse landscapes, charming villages, and cultural experiences that await you along this route. From the tranquility of Puigpunyent to the coastal allure of Port d’Andratx and the authenticity of Esporles, this day trip will leave you with unforgettable memories and a deeper appreciation for the wonders of Majorca.
Remember to plan your day trip accordingly, allowing enough time to explore each destination at your own pace. Whether you’re seeking natural beauty, cultural immersion, or simply a relaxing coastal escape, the western region of Majorca has something to offer every traveler.
So, pack your bags, set off on Route #3, and immerse yourself in the enchanting world of western Majorca. Adventure awaits!
Note: It’s always advisable to check the latest travel guidelines, opening hours, and any restrictions before planning your trip. Stay safe and enjoy your journey through western Majorca!