Soller, located in the west coast of Mallorca, is a beautiful and charming town surrounded by mountains and orange groves. It’s a popular destination for those looking for a peaceful and picturesque getaway. If you’re planning a trip to Soller and flying into Palma de Mallorca Airport, you might be wondering how to get from the airport to Soller. In this guide, we’ll show you all the transportation options available to get you to this stunning town.
By Private Transfer
If you prefer a hassle-free and comfortable ride to Soller, private transfer is the way to go. Private transfer services offer door-to-door service from the airport to your accommodation in Soller. You can book your transfer in advance, and the driver will be waiting for you at the airport upon arrival. Private transfer options include:
- Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport, and you can book one at the taxi rank outside the arrivals area. The journey from Palma airport to Soller takes approximately 35 minutes, and the cost is around €75.
- Private Shuttle: Private shuttle services offer a shared ride with other travelers. You can book your shuttle in advance, and the driver will meet you at the airport. The journey from Palma airport to Soller takes approximately 45 minutes, and the cost is around €30 per person.
By Public Transportation
Public transportation is a budget-friendly option to get to Soller from Palma airport. The public transportation system in Mallorca is efficient and reliable. The bus and train stations are located within walking distance of each other, making it easy to transfer between the two.
Buses are the most common mode of public transportation to Soller. The journey from Palma airport to Soller by bus takes around 2 hours with a stopover in Palma city center. Here are the steps to take a bus from Palma airport to Soller:
- Take the Line 1 bus from the airport to Palma’s Plaça d’Espanya bus station. The journey takes around 20 minutes, and the fare is approximately €5.
- From Plaça d’Espanya, take the TIB Bus 211 to Soller. The journey takes around 1 hour and 15 minutes, and the fare is approximately €5.
Taking the vintage train from Palma to Soller is an adventure in itself. The train ride takes you through the picturesque mountains of Serra de Tramuntana, offering stunning views of the surrounding landscape. The train station is located next to the bus station at Plaça d’Espanya, making it easy to transfer between the two.
- Take the Line 1 bus from the airport to Palma’s Plaça d’Espanya bus station.
- At Plaça d’Espanya, take the vintage train to Soller. The train ride takes around 1 hour, and the fare is approximately €27 for a round trip.
By Car Rental
If you’re planning to explore the island during your stay, renting a car might be the most convenient option. Several car rental companies are located at the airport, and you can book your rental in advance or upon arrival.
No Regrets Booking Advice
- Follow the signs to the car rental area after you have collected your luggage.
- Choose your preferred car rental company and complete the rental process.
- Drive from Palma airport to Soller, which takes approximately 35 minutes.
The Cheapest, the Fastest and the Most Convenient Way
Public Bus/Train: The Economical and Scenic Route
For budget-conscious travelers, the public bus system offers an affordable and scenic way to reach Port de Soller from Palma Airport. Consider the following points:
- Take bus number 1 from the airport to Palma city center (Plaza de Espana).
- From Plaza de Espana take the TIB Bus 211 to Soller. And than transfer to the historic wooden tram (Tramvia de Soller) that connects to Port de Soller.
- The tram ride is a delightful experience, meandering through the charming streets of Soller and offering stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- The journey from Palma Airport to Port de Soller, including the tram ride, takes approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.
- This option allows you to enjoy the scenic beauty of the island while saving money on transportation.
Private Airport Transfer: The Swift and Stress-Free Option
If you prefer a hassle-free and time-efficient transfer, a private airport transfer is the way to go. Consider the advantages of choosing this option:
- Book a private transfer in advance, and a professional driver will be waiting for you at the airport to whisk you away to Port de Soller.
- Enjoy a comfortable and private ride directly to your accommodation without any stops or detours.
- Private transfers offer flexibility in terms of departure times, allowing you to tailor your journey to your specific needs.
- This option is ideal for those traveling with heavy luggage, families with children, or individuals seeking a seamless and stress-free transfer experience.
Rental Car: The Freedom to Explore at Your Own Pace
For independent travelers who crave freedom and flexibility, renting a car is an excellent choice. Consider the following benefits:
- Several car rental companies operate at Palma Airport, providing a wide range of vehicles to suit your preferences.
- Renting a car allows you to explore not just Port de Soller but also the surrounding areas, including the Tramuntana mountain range and nearby villages.
- Enjoy the freedom to create your own itinerary, discover hidden gems, and soak in the scenic beauty of the island.
- Parking options are available in Port de Soller, but it’s advisable to check with your accommodation regarding parking facilities or nearby alternatives.
Taxi: The Direct and Convenient Door-to-Door Option
Taxis offer a convenient and straightforward way to reach Port de Soller from Palma Airport. Consider the following aspects:
- Taxis are readily available at the airport, and you can easily find the official taxi rank outside the arrivals area.
- The journey from the airport to Port de Soller takes approximately 30 to 40 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
- Taxis provide a direct and comfortable door-to-door service, taking you directly to your accommodation in Port de Soller.
- This option is suitable for those who prefer a hassle-free and convenient transfer without the need to navigate public transportation or carry heavy luggage.
Please note that transportation options and routes may be subject to change. It’s always recommended to double-check the latest information, schedules, and availability before making your travel arrangements. The information provided in this blog post is based on the knowledge available at the time of writing.