Welcome to Paguera (Peguera), a charming coastal town nestled along the picturesque shores of Majorca. With its stunning beaches, vibrant atmosphere, and array of activities, Paguera has become a beloved holiday destination for travelers seeking sun, relaxation, and adventure. In this guide, we’ll take you on a virtual tour of Paguera, showcasing its beauty, highlighting its attractions, and revealing why it should be at the top of your travel bucket list.
What to Expect?
Paguera is a beautiful holiday resort situated on the west coast of Majorca, in the Municipality of Calvia, about 24,5 km. from the capital Palma de Mallorca and 35 km. from Palma de Mallorca Airport. Paguera has a great location with the neighbouring resorts of Palma Nova, Magaluf and Santa Ponsa.
This beautiful beach resort welcomes thousands of tourist every year with its fine sandy beaches and crystal clear waters. The resort has all the necessary tourist services. There are variety of nice hotels and apartments to choose from. There also nice restaurants, bars, shops and leisure activities at the beach promenade. When you set foot in Paguera, you can expect:
Paguera boasts three beautiful sandy beaches: Playa Palmira, Playa Tora, and Playa La Romana. Immerse yourself in the crystal-clear waters, soak up the sun on the soft sands, and indulge in various water sports activities.
Take a leisurely stroll along the lively promenade of Paguera, lined with palm trees, restaurants, cafes, and shops. Enjoy the vibrant atmosphere, shop for souvenirs, or savor a delicious meal with stunning sea views.
Paguera is surrounded by natural beauty, including pine forests and rugged cliffs. Embark on a hiking or biking adventure to explore the picturesque landscapes and discover hidden coves.
Engage in thrilling water sports activities such as snorkeling, diving, jet skiing, and paddleboarding. The calm and clear waters of Paguera provide the perfect playground for aquatic adventures.
No Regrets Booking Advice
Why Holiday in Paguera?
Paguera offers a multitude of reasons why it should be your next holiday destination:
Paguera is renowned for its pristine beaches that cater to all types of beach lovers. Here’s why you should choose Paguera for your beach getaway:
- Playa Palmira: Relax on the soft golden sands and swim in the tranquil turquoise waters of Playa Palmira. The beach is equipped with facilities and offers a peaceful atmosphere.
- Playa Tora: Perfect for families, Playa Tora offers a range of amenities such as sun loungers, beach bars, and water sports equipment rentals. Kids can enjoy building sandcastles while parents soak up the sun.
- Playa La Romana: Nestled in a picturesque cove, Playa La Romana is known for its natural beauty and crystal-clear waters. It’s an ideal spot for snorkeling and exploring marine life.
Paguera provides a wide range of outdoor activities that cater to both adventure seekers and nature lovers:
- Hiking and Biking: Lace up your hiking boots or hop on a bike to discover the scenic trails that wind through the surrounding forests and cliffs. Enjoy panoramic views and immerse yourself in nature.
- Golfing: Golf enthusiasts can tee off at the nearby Golf de Andratx, an 18-hole championship course known for its stunning views and challenging fairways.
- Boat Excursions: Embark on a boat excursion to explore the captivating coastline, visit hidden coves, and even spot dolphins swimming in their natural habitat.
When the sun goes down, Paguera comes alive with its vibrant nightlife scene:
- Bars and Clubs: Explore the numerous bars and clubs scattered throughout Paguera, offering live music, DJ performances, and a lively atmosphere. Dance the night away and create unforgettable memories.
- Live Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment shows featuring music, dancing, and theater performances. Sit back, relax, and be entertained by talented artists showcasing their skills.
Shopping and Dining
Pagueara offers a delightful shopping and dining experience, ensuring you’re well taken care of during your stay:
- Shopping: Explore the charming streets of Paguera and discover a variety of shops, boutiques, and souvenir stores. From fashionable clothing and accessories to local crafts and artwork, you’ll find something unique to take home as a memento of your trip.
- Promenade Dining: Indulge in a culinary adventure along the promenade, where you’ll find a wide selection of restaurants and cafes offering diverse cuisines. From traditional Spanish tapas to international flavors, there’s something to satisfy every palate.
- Seafood Delights: Being a coastal town, Paguera is renowned for its fresh seafood. Sample delectable dishes featuring locally caught fish, prawns, and shellfish, prepared with Mediterranean flavors and served in picturesque settings.
- Waterfront Dining: For a truly memorable dining experience, choose a restaurant with breathtaking sea views. Enjoy your meal while overlooking the azure waters and feeling the gentle sea breeze.
Top Things to Do & See
1. Paguera Palmira beach
Playa Palmira (600 x 40 m.) is the main beach of Paguera. Holidaymakers may spend a great day out at the Paguera beach and enjoy the sun and sea.
2. Dragonera Island
Take a boat trip to Dragonera Island, a nature reserve just off the coast of Paguera. Explore the island’s rugged terrain, hike its trails, and witness stunning views of the surrounding sea.
3. Katmandu Park: Unleash Your Imagination
Prepare to enter a world of imagination and wonder at Katmandu Park (the House of Katmandu), a unique theme park that blends fantasy, adventure, and interactive experiences. Located in Magaluf, this park offers a one-of-a-kind journey that will ignite your imagination and leave you in awe.
Embark on a thrilling 4D cinema adventure, where you’ll be immersed in the sights, sounds, and sensations of the story. Conquer the challenging Escape Rooms, where you’ll need to solve puzzles and unravel mysteries to make your way out. Let your creativity soar in the upside-down House, a mind-bending attraction that will have you questioning reality.
4. Jungle Parc: A Wild Adventure
Located in Santa Ponsa, Jungle Parc invites you to unleash your inner adventurer in a lush tropical setting. Jungle Parc is a great outdoor adventure park. This family-friendly park combines entertainment and education, offering a unique opportunity to encounter exotic animals and immerse yourself in the wonders of nature.
Get up close and personal with a variety of wildlife, from colorful parrots to cheeky monkeys and fascinating reptiles. Enjoy thrilling bird shows that showcase the beauty and intelligence of different species. The park also features exciting activities such as ziplines, rock climbing, and trampolines, ensuring an action-packed day for visitors of all ages.
5. Marineland: Where Fun and Marine Conservation Meet
Prepare for a day of excitement and discovery at Marineland, a marine park in Costa d’en Blanes. This park offers a unique blend of entertainment and environmental education, making it a must-visit attraction for nature lovers and adventure seekers. Witness incredible dolphin and sea lion shows that will leave you in awe of these intelligent and playful creatures. Marvel at the acrobatics, intelligence, and graceful movements as they captivate you with their performances.
In addition to the captivating shows, Marineland allows you to get up close and personal with various marine species. Interact with gentle stingrays, marvel at the beauty of exotic fish, and learn about the fascinating behaviors of sea turtles. Don’t forget to explore the park’s tropical gardens, where lush vegetation creates a tranquil ambiance that complements the marine environment.
6. Mallorca Wine Tasting
Embark on a wine tour and tasting experience at one of the nearby wineries. Discover the rich flavors of Mallorcan wines and learn about the island’s winemaking traditions.
7. Calvia Market
Immerse yourself in the local culture by visiting the weekly Calvia Market. Browse through stalls selling fresh produce, local crafts, clothing, and more. It’s a bustling hub of activity and a great place to mingle with locals.
8. Cala Fornells 1 km. from Paguera
Just a short distance from Paguera, Cala Fornells is a hidden gem with a picturesque bay and crystal-clear waters. Relax on the beach, go snorkeling, or enjoy a meal at one of the waterfront restaurants.
9. Port d’Andratx 10 km. from Paguera
Driving along the coast to the north west, you may reach Port d’Andratx that is a beautiful place with its summer houses, fishing port and marina. Sant Elm and the Island of sa Dragonera with its nature park and Andratx with its castle in the end of the valley are a must see place here. From there, driving through the Grau tunnel, you may enjoy a wonderful view of the open sea and come up to the terraced village of Estellencs overlooking the sea. Here you may see the beautiful houses with watchtowers and its cove with a stream.
10. Sant Elm 14,5 km. from Paguera
If you further from Port d’Andratx, you may visit Sant Elm and the Island of sa Dragonera with its nature park are a must see place here.
11. Palma de Mallorca – 24,5 km. from Paguera
Palma de Mallorca is the capital city of Majorca. A great day out in Palma de Mallorca is a great attraction. Holidaymakers may explore Palma de Mallorca by city sightseeing buses. There are many beautiful and historical places to see in Palma de Mallorca that include; the Bellver Castle, sa Llotja (old commercial exchange), the La Almudaina Royal Palace (the old Citadel) and the La Seu Cathedral.
Top Selling Excursions & Tours from Paguera
Here we only suggest the proven ways and top rated ones with travelers’ comments. You can feel free to book one of the below top selling tours.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts