Are you planning a trip to the enchanting island of Majorca? With its stunning beaches, picturesque landscapes, and vibrant culture, Majorca offers a wealth of experiences for every type of traveler. Whether you’re seeking relaxation, adventure, or cultural immersion, this Mediterranean gem has something to offer. To help you make the most of your time on the island, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 things to do in Majorca, complete with insider advice and recommendations. Let’s dive in!
Top 10 Things to Do in Majorca
Majorca offers great holiday attractions with its variety of quality restaurants, cafes, bars and restaurants and nice beaches with watersports activities for the holidaymakers. You’ll find plenty of great day out attractions and many beautiful sights to visit and see on the island.
1. Explore the Historic Streets of Palma de Mallorca
Immerse Yourself in History
- Palma de Mallorca: Visit the iconic Palma Cathedral (La Seu), a magnificent Gothic masterpiece.
- Wander through the charming Old Town (Casco Antiguo) and discover its narrow streets, hidden courtyards, and historic buildings.
- Explore the Arab Baths (Banys Àrabs), a well-preserved vestige of Majorca’s Moorish past.
Insider Tip: Don’t Miss the Santa Catalina Neighborhood
- Experience the vibrant atmosphere of Santa Catalina, known for its trendy bars, hip restaurants, and bohemian vibes.
- Indulge in the local cuisine at Mercat de Santa Catalina, a bustling food market with a wide variety of fresh produce and delicacies.
2. Relax on the Idyllic Beaches
Holidaymakers may experience the fabulous beaches that the island has to offer. There are about 80 beautiful beaches in Majorca.
Sun, Sand, and Serenity
- Enjoy the crystal-clear waters and soft golden sands of Cala Agulla, a picturesque beach surrounded by pine forests.
- Escape the crowds and find tranquility at Cala Varques, a secluded cove with pristine turquoise waters.
- Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Cala Mondragó Natural Park, home to two stunning beaches and scenic hiking trails.
Insider Tip: Explore Cala Deià
- Discover the charming village of Deià and its hidden gem, Cala Deià. This pebble beach is nestled in a stunning coastal setting and offers breathtaking views.
3. Embark on a Sailing Adventure
Daily boat trips along the beautiful coastline of Majorca is a great attraction. Holidaymakers may enjoy and explore the beautiful coves and hidden niches of the island. One of the most attended top 10 things to do in Majorca.
No Regrets Booking Advice
Set Sail and Discover
- Charter a boat and explore the stunning coastline of Majorca, discovering hidden coves, secluded beaches, and impressive sea caves.
- Take a catamaran or yacht tour to experience the beauty of the Mediterranean Sea and enjoy swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing in idyllic settings.
Insider Tip: Visit the Bay of Pollensa
- Sail to the Bay of Pollensa and admire the dramatic cliffs, crystal-clear waters, and charming coastal towns like Port de Pollensa.
4. Hike the Tramuntana Mountains
Majorca offers great natural beauties, mountains and more… The surrounding areas of the island is excellent for nature lovers. Holidaymakers may do Nordic walking along the mountain and one coastline routes.
Discover Majestic Landscapes
- Lace up your hiking boots and explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Tramuntana Mountains, a stunning mountain range with breathtaking vistas and picturesque villages.
- Take on the challenging but rewarding hike to Puig de Massanella, the second-highest peak on the island, offering panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
Insider Tip: Visit the Village of Valldemossa
- After your hike, visit the enchanting village of Valldemossa, known for its quaint streets, historic buildings, and the famous Valldemossa Charterhouse (Real Cartuja).
5. Indulge in Local Cuisine and Wines
Holidaymakers may find numerous restaurants and cafes in Majorca lined up by the beach promenades and around the town centres of the holiday resorts in Majorca. A great day out and dine & wine at the Majorca restaurants is a great attraction.
A Gastronomic Delight
- Taste the flavors of Majorcan cuisine, known for its Mediterranean influence and fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
- Sample traditional dishes such as sobrassada (cured sausage), tumbet (vegetable dish), and pa amb oli (bread with olive oil and toppings).
- Explore the lively food markets, such as Mercat de l’Olivar in Palma, and indulge in a variety of local produce, cheeses, and seafood.
Insider Tip: Wine Tasting in Binissalem
- Take a trip to the charming town of Binissalem, located in the heart of the island’s wine region.
- Visit local wineries and vineyards, and enjoy guided tours and tastings to savor the distinctive flavors of Majorcan wines, particularly the robust reds.
6. Discover the Cuevas del Drach (Dragon Caves)
A Subterranean Wonder
- Explore the fascinating underground world of the Cuevas del Drach, a series of caves featuring stunning stalactite formations and an underground lake.
- Experience a mesmerizing classical music concert performed on boats floating on the lake, adding a magical touch to the visit.
Insider Tip: Combine with a Visit to Porto Cristo
- While visiting the Cuevas del Drach, take the opportunity to explore the nearby coastal town of Porto Cristo, known for its beautiful beaches and charming harbor.
7. Visit the Picturesque Village of Sóller
A Slice of Paradise
- Discover the idyllic village of Sóller, nestled in the Tramuntana Mountains and surrounded by lush citrus orchards.
- Take a ride on the historic Sóller Train, a vintage wooden train that travels through scenic landscapes to Palma, offering breathtaking views along the way.
Insider Tip: Try the Famous Sóller Orange Ice Cream
- Treat yourself to the renowned Sóller orange ice cream, made with the deliciously sweet and tangy local oranges.
8. A fun Day Out at the Majorca Water Parks
Are you ready to make a splash and beat the summer heat in the most thrilling way possible? Get ready for a day of excitement, laughter, and adrenaline-pumping slides at Majorca’s fantastic water parks. One of the most attended top 10 things to do in Majorca.
These aquatic playgrounds offer a perfect blend of thrilling attractions, family-friendly fun, and relaxation, ensuring an unforgettable experience for visitors of all ages. Get ready to slide, swim, and soak up the sun in these thrilling water wonderlands!
9. A great Night Out at the Majorca Nightclubs
Nightlife in Majorca is so lively and holidaymakers may enjoy intense nightlife activities at the popular nightclubs of Majorca, at the popular holiday resorts. A visit to the clubs is a must in your Majorca holidays.
10. A fun Day Out at the Majorca Theme Parks
Looking for an adrenaline-pumping adventure that will leave you with unforgettable memories? Look no further than the exhilarating amusement and theme parks in Majorca. One of the most attended top 10 things to do in Majorca.
From thrilling rides and captivating shows to immersive experiences and family-friendly attractions, these parks are guaranteed to bring out the inner child in everyone. Get ready for a day filled with laughter, excitement, and pure joy!
Majorca is a destination that caters to all kinds of travelers, from beach lovers to history enthusiasts and adventure seekers. With its stunning natural landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and delectable cuisine, the island offers an array of experiences that will leave you with lasting memories.
Remember to plan your itinerary in advance and consider booking skip-the-line tickets for popular attractions to maximize your time on the island. Whether you’re exploring the historic streets of Palma de Mallorca, relaxing on pristine beaches, or immersing yourself in the island’s art and culture, Majorca has something for everyone.
So pack your bags, prepare for an unforgettable journey, and get ready to embark on an incredible adventure in the captivating island paradise of Majorca. Your dream vacation awaits!
Top Selling Majorca Excursions & Daily Tours
Here we only suggest the proven ways and top rated ones with travelers’ comments. You can feel free to book one of the below top selling tours.
Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts