Are you a golf enthusiast seeking the perfect destination to indulge in your favorite sport? Look no further than the stunning island of Majorca. With its pristine landscapes, favorable climate, and world-class golf facilities, Majorca has established itself as a premier golfing destination in the Mediterranean. Whether you’re a seasoned player or a beginner, Majorca offers an exceptional golfing experience that combines challenging courses, breathtaking views, and a vibrant golfing community. Join us as we explore the best golf holidays, golf clubs, and golf courses that Majorca has to offer.
Why Choose Majorca for Your Golf Holiday?
Majorca, also known as Mallorca, is the largest of Spain’s Balearic Islands, located in the sparkling Mediterranean Sea. This enchanting island boasts a mild climate, with over 300 days of sunshine per year, making it an ideal golfing destination year-round.
Majorca offers great golf courses and clubs for golf lovers in Majorca. Golf in Majorca is also popular attraction. There are 12 golf courses on Majorca;
- 10 of which are 18-hole
- Two, 9-hole courses.
* The Balearics Open is a regular event in Majorca for golf lovers, a competition for world class professionals.
* In Spring, Pula Golf also holds an exhibition tournaments featuring some of the leading players on the European circuit.
No Regrets Booking Advice
* There is also a mini golf centre named“Golf Fantasia”in Palma de Mallorca.
Here’s why Majorca should be at the top of your list:
- Golfing Variety: Majorca is home to a diverse range of golf courses, each offering a unique golfing experience. From championship courses designed by renowned architects to scenic courses nestled amidst mountains or by the coast, there’s something for every golfer’s preference and skill level.
- Breathtaking Landscapes: Imagine teeing off against the backdrop of dramatic cliffs, turquoise waters, lush forests, or rolling hills. Majorca’s golf courses are set in some of the island’s most picturesque locations, providing a truly memorable golfing experience amidst stunning natural beauty.
- World-Class Facilities: Majorca boasts exceptional golf facilities that rival some of the best in Europe. From state-of-the-art driving ranges and practice areas to well-stocked pro shops and clubhouses, you’ll find everything you need to enhance your golfing experience.
- Accessibility: Majorca is easily accessible from various European cities, with direct flights available from major airports. Once on the island, most golf courses are within a short distance from popular tourist areas, ensuring convenience and ease of travel.
- Off-Course Attractions: Beyond golf, Majorca offers a wealth of attractions to explore during your golf holiday. From pristine beaches and charming villages to historical sites and delectable cuisine, you’ll find endless opportunities to relax, unwind, and immerse yourself in the island’s rich culture.
Top Golf Clubs and Courses in Majorca
Golf Son Gual
Situated just east of Palma, Golf Son Gual is a prestigious golf club known for its immaculate course and luxurious facilities. Designed by Thomas Himmel, the championship course features perfectly manicured fairways, strategically placed bunkers, and stunning water features. Golfers of all levels will appreciate the challenging yet rewarding layout of this renowned course.
Alcanada Golf Club
Located in the northern part of the island near Alcudia, Alcanada Golf Club offers a breathtaking coastal setting and panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea. Designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., this 18-hole course seamlessly blends into the natural landscape, providing a memorable golfing experience. The course’s impeccable maintenance and top-notch facilities make it a favorite among golfers visiting Majorca.
Golf Park Puntiró
Nestled in the heart of the island, just outside Palma, Golf Park Puntiró is a scenic course that combines challenging play with beautiful surroundings. Designed by Jack Nicklaus, the course features wide fairways, strategically placed bunkers, and undulating greens. The course’s strategic layout rewards accuracy and shot placement, making it a favorite among experienced golfers.
Santa Ponsa Golf Club
Situated on the western coast of Majorca, Santa Ponsa Golf Club is a renowned golfing destination with three stunning courses to choose from. The club’s main course, Santa Ponsa I, has hosted numerous professional tournaments and offers a challenging yet enjoyable experience for golfers of all skill levels. With its tree-lined fairways, well-maintained greens, and beautiful views of the surrounding mountains, Santa Ponsa Golf Club is a must-visit for any golfer in Majorca.
Golf Son Muntaner
Located just outside of Palma, Golf Son Muntaner is a championship course that combines natural beauty with a challenging layout. Designed by Kurt Rossknecht, the course features undulating fairways, strategic bunkers, and large greens. The club’s dedication to sustainability and environmental preservation adds to the overall golfing experience, making it a favorite among environmentally-conscious golfers.
Golf de Andratx
Situated in the southwest corner of the island, Golf de Andratx offers a unique golfing experience surrounded by stunning landscapes. The course meanders through valleys and hills, providing panoramic views of the coastline and mountains. Golfers will be challenged by the course’s strategic design and undulating terrain, while also enjoying the tranquility of the natural surroundings.
Conveniently located just a short drive from Palma and the airport, Maioris Golf is a picturesque course that caters to golfers of all levels. Designed by renowned golf architect Roderick Bastard, the course features wide fairways, well-placed bunkers, and large greens. The club’s friendly atmosphere and welcoming staff make it an excellent choice for golfers seeking a relaxed yet enjoyable round of golf.
Golf Fantasía is a three 18 hole courses and a mini-golf gem that holidaymakers may play golf in between waterfalls, lakes, caves and tropical vegetation. Golf Fantasia is located in the heart of Palmanova just meters from the beach behind Abracadabra Pizza. There is also Bar with Snacks, Book Birthday Parties, Club & Team Parties, and Tournaments of all kinds.
Golf Holidays and Packages
When planning your golf holiday in Majorca, consider the various golf packages and accommodations available to enhance your experience. Many hotels and resorts on the island offer golf-specific packages that include accommodation, green fees, transfers, and access to additional facilities such as spas and restaurants. These packages allow you to focus on your golf game while enjoying the amenities and comforts of your chosen accommodation.
Additionally, golf tour operators can assist in arranging tee times, transportation, and guided experiences to ensure a seamless and memorable golf holiday in Majorca. Whether you’re traveling solo, with a group of friends, or as part of a golfing society, these operators can tailor your itinerary to meet your specific needs and preferences.
Insider Advice for Golfing in Majorca
To make the most of your golfing experience in Majorca, here are some insider tips and advice:
- Book Tee Times in Advance: Majorca is a popular golfing destination, especially during the peak season. To secure your preferred tee times and avoid disappointment, it’s advisable to book your rounds in advance.
- Respect the Course and Etiquette: Show respect for the course and fellow golfers by adhering to golfing etiquette. Repair divots, rake bunkers, and follow proper golfing etiquette to maintain the integrity of the courses.
- Pack Accordingly: Majorca’s climate is generally mild and sunny, but it’s always a good idea to be prepared for changing weather conditions. Pack sunscreen, a hat, and appropriate golf attire to ensure comfort throughout your rounds.
- Explore Beyond Golf: While golfing is the main focus of your trip, take some time to explore the beauty of Majorca beyond the golf course. Discover the island’s stunning beaches, charming towns, and cultural attractions to make your trip a well-rounded experience.
- Consider Golf Lessons: If you’re new to golf or want to improve your skills, Majorca offers excellent golf academies and instructors who can provide lessons and guidance to help you refine your golfing technique. Taking lessons during your golf holiday in Majorca can be a great way to enhance your game and make the most of your time on the course.
- Try Local Cuisine: Majorca is known for its delicious cuisine, so take the opportunity to indulge in the island’s culinary delights. After a round of golf, treat yourself to some traditional Spanish tapas, fresh seafood, or local specialties to savor the flavors of Majorca.
- Connect with the Golfing Community: Majorca has a vibrant golfing community, and interacting with fellow golfers can enhance your experience. Strike up conversations at the clubhouse, join golfing events or tournaments, and exchange tips and recommendations with other golf enthusiasts.
- Combine Golf with Sightseeing: Majorca offers a wealth of attractions and sights to explore. Consider combining your golf rounds with visits to historical sites, picturesque villages, or natural landmarks to make your trip a well-rounded experience.
Majorca truly stands out as a golfing paradise in the Mediterranean. With its exceptional golf courses, stunning landscapes, and favorable climate, the island offers an unforgettable golfing experience for players of all levels. Whether you’re seeking challenging championship courses or scenic fairways with panoramic views, Majorca has it all.
Plan your golf holiday in Majorca, book your tee times, and get ready to tee off in one of Europe’s most captivating golfing destinations. From the moment you step onto the first tee, you’ll be captivated by the beauty, excitement, and thrill of golfing in Majorca.